Thank you so much to Sam from Tsundoku for nominating me for this amazing award. Sam’s blog is absolutely beautiful and you should definitely be following her. The award was created by Okoto Enigma’s Blog with the aim of discovering new blogs and it’s such a great idea.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog ✅
- List the rules. ✅
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. ✅
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well ✅
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself ✅
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people ✅
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog ✅
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)✅
- Share a link to your best post(s) ✅
3 Things About Me:
- I have a bookstagram account that I love taking photos for. It really helps with my depression as I’m able to be creative whilst also feeling like I’m achieving something each day. You can find me at Scorpio Book Dreams.
- I have ME/CFS, depression, and chronic migraines.
- Christmas is my favourite time of the year and I’m already counting down the weeks! 🎄
My Best Post:
I haven’t been blogging for long but my favourite post has definitely been the Pottermore Sorting Tag as I’m obsessed with Harry Potter. I’m not sure if it’s objectively my best but I loved writing about my house, Patronus, etc so I’m choosing that.
1. What is your favourite candle (or, if you can’t choose, the one you’ve burned most recently; or if you don’t like candles, your favourite scent in general)?
My obsession with bookish candles is fairly recent but now I’m addicted. The ‘Book Hangover’ candle from Good Book Hunting
is one of my favourites as it’s scented with bergamot, but I also adore Elle’s ‘The Muse’ candle as I love anything related to Strange the Dreamer.
[Disclaimer: I’m a rep for Elle’s company – you can use the code SCORPIOBOOKDREAMS15 to save 15% on your order].
I have six starter tins coming from Bookworm Candles & Crafts
soon so I can’t wait to smell those and see what the quality is like. I’ve also tried a Meraki Candles
monthly box and loved the blueberry scent of Lara’s Love Letters.
2. Do you have a pet and are they named after a character? If yes, why; if no, what literary name would you give a pet?
I have a six-year-old, fox-red Labrador who I named after Roux from Joanne Harris’s Chocolat. The obvious reason was that it means red-haired so was perfect for a fox-red Labrador but it’s also one of my Mum’s favourite films and one of my favourite books so it seemed like a great choice.
3. If you had to be from any planet, real or imaginary, which planet and why?
I’m going to go with Bitch Planet for this one as I’m pretty sure I’d be labelled as ‘non-compliant’ and exiled for being a feminist.
4. What’s your favourite season of the year and why? Bonus points: what things remind you of that season?
Winter is my favourite season as I love the darker days and feeling cosy reading a book by a roaring fire. Plus, Christmas is the best! Blankets, candles, fires, and hot chocolate all remind me of Winter.
5. If you could adapt any one book or series perfectly (regardless of whether it’s been adapted before) which would you choose?
I would do a TV series of Harry Potter so the characters and plot could be better developed than they were in the films. Imagine a 10 hour series for each book?!
1. What is your biggest bookworm confession?
2. What series do you re-read the most?
3. What fictional place would you most like to visit?
4. What’s your favourite piece of bookish merchandise?
5. Which five authors (living or dead) would you invite to a dinner party?
Thanks so much for nominating me, Sam. I hope my nominees have fun with this.