The Ultimate Harry Potter Tag
1) Favourite book?
This is such a difficult decision but I’m going to go with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This is where things really start to get darker and the characters mature a lot.
2) Least favourite book?
I love all the books but I would say Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was the one I found the least interesting. It was a bit too slow paced at times.
3) Favourite film?
Given the time limit, the films were never going to be able to include everything but they did a pretty good job. My favourite film is probably Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone as it’s the one that has the most nostalgic value for me. Plus, Richard Harris was the best Dumbledore.
4) Least favourite film?
My least favourite film is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It’s just so depressing and Umbridge is truly awful.
5) Favourite quote?
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live” – Dumbledore
“All these people saying they never got their Hogwarts letter: you got the letter. You went to Hogwarts. We were all there together.” – J.K. Rowling
6) Favourite Weasley?
Arthur has to be my favourite Weasley as he’s such a great dad. Despite being pure-blood, he taught his children to embrace Muggles and be tolerant of others. His humour and easy-going attitude seem to have been inherited by most of his children (except Percy!).
7) Favourite female character?
Obviously, it’s Hermione Granger. Harry would never have defeated Voldemort without Hermione’s help. She was also never ashamed of being studious and intelligent, which makes her a great role model.
8) Favourite villain.
Umbridge has to be the best villain as she’s the most complicated. She’s not a Death Eater but she’s just as cruel and intolerant. Umbridge shows us that true villains can seem human on the outside yet be monsters within.
9) Favourite male character?
Definitely Lupin. He’s such a complicated character because of something he can’t control. Being a werewolf affects his whole life and often leaves him bitter. The sheer joy he shows at the Marauder’s accepting his nature, or becoming a father, reveals how little he expects out of life. I just wish he’d been given a happy ending.
10) Favourite professor?
Professor McGonagall – she’s just such a role model.
Would you rather…?
11) Wash Snape’s hair or spend a day listening to Lockhart rant about himself?
I imagine I’d have to duel Snape into submission first so maybe listen to Lockhart ranting about himself all day would be the safer option.
12) Duel an elated Bellatrix or an angry Molly?
Bellatrix – just look at Molly in the last book.
13) Travel to Hogwarts via Hogwarts Express or Flying Car?
Hogwarts Express – it’s the dream, isn’t it?
14) Kiss Voldemort or give Umbridge a bubble bath?
Definitely kiss Voldemort. I’d be forever traumatised after bathing Umbridge.
15) Ride a Hippogriff or ride a Firebolt?
Ride a Firebolt.
16) Is there a character you felt differently about in the movies?
Ginny just wasn’t like book Ginny at all. She didn’t get enough screen time so never developed as a character.
17) Is there a movie you preferred to the book?
18) Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore?
Richard Harris – he was perfect. Michael Gambon never seemed to understand the character very well and portrayed him as completely different to book Dumbledore (not surprising since he refused to read the books).
19) Your top thing (person or event) that wasn’t in the movie that you wanted there the most?
I didn’t like how they changed the final duel between Harry and Voldemort. I always loved the drama of it happening in the Great Hall surrounded by everyone.
20) If you could remake any of the Harry Potter movies which would it be?
Order of the Phoenix.
21) Which house was your first gut feeling you’d be a part of?
When I was younger, I wanted to be in Gryffindor as it seemed the coolest house. 🙈
22) Which house were you actually sorted into on Pottermore?
Ravenclaw, which suits me perfectly.
23) Which class would be your favourite?
Ancient Runes always sounds fascinating.
24) Which spell do you think would be most useful to learn?
25) Which character do you think you’d instantly become friends with?
Hermione, since I identify with her so much. But I’d also love to be friends with Luna – life would never be dull again!
26) If you could own one of the three Hallows, which would it be?
27) Is there any aspect of the books you’d want to change?
Fred dying was just too much!
28) Favourite Marauder?
Definitely Remus Lupin.
29) If you could bring one character back to life, which would it be?
Fred Weasley. Twins should never be separated like that.
30) Hallows or Horcruxes?
Hallows – I don’t really fancy looking like Voldemort.
This has been such fun! Consider yourself tagged if you want to join in.